Course title : Goat Rearing
Course Duration : 03 days
Course Coordinator : Dr.Vitthal vikhe
Contact : 253612. 9921755364
• Goat history, understanding the goat physiology
• Breeds and breeding of goat, housing
• Feeds and feeding, goat management
• Ecto-endo parasites, diseases, vaccination and duration
• Production of good quality bucks and goat for rearing
• Marketing, exposure visits, development of proposal
• Bank finance, schemes and programmes of various departments
Eligibility: Minimum 7″ std
After completion of the course, the trainees can start the goat rearing units as per technology and scientific line. Good quality breeds can be made available to other farmers besides selling goat in the market.
Information about the Course:
Goat is a multifunctional animal and plays a significant role in the rural economy in general and of landless, small and marginal farmer in particular. Therefore necessary focus needs to be given on this enterprise. Now also many farmers and farmwomen are rearing goat without any knowledge and information of these breeds. To sustain this enterprise socio-economical and get the maximum returns there is need to give special emphasis on this enterprise. After completion of this course, they can adopt differe nt concepts and methods of goat rearing with improved breed to get the maximum returns from goat Similarly some of them can start production of goat breeding farming to supply good quality bucks and goats for rearing.