Course Title : Fruits and vegetable processing
Course Duration : 06 days
SMS, Home Science
Course Coordinator : Mrs. Anuradha Wadnekar
Contact: 02422-252414/253612, 9960181793
• Importance, objective and purpose
• Implements required for processing units
• Aseptic handling, selection of raw material
• Dehydration of fruits and vegetables
• Amla processing candy, powder, juices etc.
• Type of pickles like mango, carrots, lemons etc.
• Packing, labeling and food laws
• Project report preparation
• Government schemes and bank loans
Eligibility: Primary educated
The trainee after undergoing the training will be able to start their own household processing unit for their consumption as well as can start commercial unit for marketing their produce. Seasonal fruits & vegetables processing will help to continue their enterprise throughout the year.
Information about the Course:
India is second largest country in the world produce fruits and vegetables. However, it is observed that 40 to 50 thousand crores loss is being observed due to unavailability of processing facilities. Fruits and vegetables are playing very important role in daily diet for fulfilling the minerals and vitamins requirements but due to less knowledge about preservation technology the consumption is only promoted only to fresh fruits and vegetables. So the course is
prepared for household practical preservation guidance for starting small enterprise unit and its also helps to reduce the malnutrition and unseen nutritional deficiency.